Monday, September 28, 2015

Painted Inspiration - Part II

Now it is time to add the feet!  The easiest method for this is to actually copy and paste the file into your saved file.  It is OK if the file is too large for your design because you can then resize it to fit in your design.



Change the color of the background of the file and then copy the design.


And paste it into the original file you have created. Be sure to re-size it to fit into the largest hoop that you have.


Then save it and export it to your stick.  Now it is time to get ready to paint!  I made my own canvas bag out of white canvas and cut the size of the bag 17" x 17".    I cut out of 2 1/2" corner out of the bottoms of the bag.

Then I started painting!  I used the purple marker from the Stained by Sharpie set for the wording.


Ready to paint? I hooped up Perfect Stick by Floriani.  It is the same stabilizer as Stabilstik but it does come in a large roll perfect for my Jumbo Hoop.  As you can tell by the quick video- it is an easy project to paint!

                                              

Here is my finished bag.


I found the perfect fabric for the inside of the bag at my local quilt shop.


If you would like to make your own painted canvas design, I created another saying with a butterfly design.


The Bernina_004 butterfly is found in your Paintworks folder in your Bernina DesignWorks folder.

I hope you give this lesson a try!













No comments:

Post a Comment