Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tidbit Tuesday

Yes, it is another Tuesday! SO let's get started!



Rather than bring up an old tidbit, I thought I try mixing the two!

One of my favorite font sites is www.dafont.com  Lots of choices for me! 

Recently Bernina had a Designworks webinar "Designworks Lettering - Have it Your Way".  It is still available on their site.  

Here is the link for the webinar.

Here is the link for the handout.  Print it and follow the hadnout if you are new to DesignWorks Suite.

Let's start with the TEXT tool.  In order to add text, you have to select the TEXT tool from the  tool bar or your hot key is F8


Your cursor will start blinking and you can start typing your text.  I love subway art and I thought I would give it a 'go' in the DW software.

If you are not familiar with subway art, just google it!  This idea is rather intense and includes a whole slew of different fonts.  But you get the idea!


This sample is much easier and a perfect place for us to start!



Working through the wizard, select your largest hoop and foot #93 (this is a Paintworks design!)  Draw a large rectangle as this will be your 'frame'.

Begin typing your words and changing the fonts and colors with each special phrase.  I added a few designs from the www.dailyarthub.com 

Check out this great site to download a variety of Halloween fonts here.


Here is my finished idea.  This would make a cute garden flag or frame it for a festive accent to your home!




Why not give it a try?  

















No comments:

Post a Comment