Friday, September 18, 2015

Welcome to F-U-N Friday!

YES!  It is a fun day because we have been repaired!  No more virus -boo hiss on you!




So what do I have in store for you today?  Photopaint!!

Here is a close up of the file that I created of my darling granddaughter!



Can you see her smile?  Look closely at the painted design.  Yes, I painted that design with my Fabrico marker #181 Cool Gray.

I love this technique!  

Select>Embroidery Smooth> None> for fabric


Select your picture from your photo files.  The manual says only bitmaps with RGB codes can be used but I selected a jpg file and it worked!


Then select>Open as Photo paint


I selected monochrome and the gray eddings marker.You will notice how large the design is.  I just changed the size to fit in my hoop by dragging the corner to make it smaller.


If you click on the photo paint icon (on the left in the sequence manager) and zoom in, you can see how the photo paint design appears.



Here is a picture of my machine 'painting' her face.  This is my first attempt- you have to adjust the pen slightly  for an accurate design.  In the first part of the design, the pen is too close to the fabric.



Here is the finished baby block for her quilt.  Isn't she the cutest?  OK - very biased...



So go ahead - try it.  Paint a picture with your sewing machine!

Make it SEW!










1 comment:

  1. this was very timely for me. I am creating a hanging for a celebration of life and wanted to render a photo and a handwritten recipe. worked like a charm. many thanks.

    ReplyDelete