Saturday, September 26, 2015

Painted Inspiration

I re-posting this lesson on my blog because #1 - it was a great lesson and #2- several FB Divas have requested it.

The original bag was created by Nancy W and I put the blog lesson together from the lessons in the Mastery Book.  



You will need two files to create this canvas bag.  They are the Spiral.cmx file and the Bernina feet file.

You can find the file for the spiral here.


You can find the file for the Bernina feet here.


If you need a refresher course on "Creating Text on a Path", watch this video from Bernina first.

          



After working through the wizard, the first step is to load the spiral.cmx into your DW software.


I used my largest hoop (Jumbo) and the the #93 foot.

Start typing your text using the "Text" icon. The font I used was Arial Rounded MT Bold.


Here is what I typed:

I hear my baby cryin'.  I watch her grow.  She will learn much more than I will ever know.  And I think to myself WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!

Here is Nancy's verse below.

Then >Select ALL>Right click>Apply to Path


Here is what the text looks like on the path.

Select the "text" icon and the text and check the box Reverse Direction.



Refer to the video above for the text placement options as well as your online manual within the software.


You can pull the swirl out of the way and delete it or right click on the text >Clear path.

Part II -Adding the baby feet and painting the design.



No comments:

Post a Comment