Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Spring has sprung!

The last two weeks have been beautiful here in Tampa, Fl and my husband and I have been working in the yard.  We lost a few plants this winter when we had a freeze in January and so we had to replace a few.

As I was flipping through my Creative Machine Embroidery magazine the other day, I came across this garden tote project.  My garden tote is looking pretty shabby, so I thought I need to make a new one!


I also thought that the front pockets would be a perfect palette for a few DesignWorks projects.  So I am challenging you all to 'dust' off the DW software and tools and come play with me.

You can download the free pattern for the Garden Variety Tote here until April 30th.  If you would like to play along, then print off all of the pattern pieces and tape them together.  BEWARE - there are 16 pages.  Cut out the paper pattern pieces and set them aside.

You can pick up the magazine at your local JoAnn Fabrics or you can download a digital issue from the same link above.  The instructions to sew the tote are in the magazine.  I will go over a few steps but not all of them.

If you do not want to make a garden tote, of course you can make any project you would like.

Coming tomorrow...
Fabric requirements and  materials for the garden tote.




No comments:

Post a Comment