Thursday, March 17, 2016

Garden Tote Project #2

Hello everyone!   It looks like April showers this weekend for the Tampa area, so let's sew!

If you are playing along with me in this challenge, then you have already downloaded your pattern, taped it together and cut out the pattern pieces.  If you are new to this challenge, check out my post here.

Are you ready to go shopping?  My first stop was my favorite store! a.k.a "Mrs. Brill's closet"  That is what I called it when I was teaching and my students had to use the fabric from my classroom. 



MATERIALS:

1 1/4 yards of canvas, home dec or outdoor type fabric.  ( I used some lightweight canvas that I will back with Decor Bond first) (sample- white with green circle print)

1 1/4 yards of matching fabric for the lining and tote accents. (lime green accent fabric)

1/3 yard of light fabric such as canvas for the designs.  There will be paintworks designs so you will want to be able to paint on the fabric.

1 1/4 yd. of fusible fleece

1 1/4 yd. of 1/4"elastic

Thread: all purpose for construction.

** The tools for each of the designs will be included in the actual posts.

If you have any questions, please leave me a comment below!  I have to go shopping for the lining and tote accents.  See you later!

Coming tomorrow...  the designs I have selected for my project!

2 comments: