Thursday, March 24, 2016

Sewing the Garden Tote Lining

Another quiet day at the Bernina Center- I swear EVERYONE knows when the owners are on vacation!

SOW I was able to stitch the lining of the Garden tote and take pictures of my steps along the way!



The first step was to top stitch 1/2" from the edge of both lining pockets.  Then pin them to the bottom edge of the lining and baste along the sides and bottom.

The last step is to stitch down the center of both lining pockets. Sew the narrow lining sides to each long end of the wide lining base using a 1/2" seam and press.

You Garden Tote lining should look like the picture above.

The next step is to sew the lining to the bottom of the piece pictured above.


Clip the long edge to the bottom of the lining.  I love these NEW clips!


Quilters Perfect Klips - bigger and a better price point!



Then sew the short ends from side seam to side seam 
and your bag base is finished!


Then turn down the top of the lining to the inside 1/2 " and press.


That was easy, now set it aside!

The last step I was able to accomplish was the outside narrow panels with pockets.  Fold the pockets following the pattern directions. Press with lots of steam. Clip to the canvas narrow side panels and stitch.


That is all we are able to do at this time.  I like to complete as much of the bag as possible before I move on to designing with DesignWorks.  I now have a vision in my mind of how the finished tote will look.

Next week..... Let's start designing!










No comments:

Post a Comment