Monday, March 21, 2016

Let's Get Started!

It was a beautiful Spring day yesterday and this morning, it is cold!  I am sure some of you are waiting for spring to arrive....

SOW let's give Spring a jump start! The first step I did was to scan the pocket pattern with the marking for the size of each pocket.


You can scan the pattern directly from the program or use your scanner and save the file a a jpg.



Then draw a rectangle around the pocket shape to create a template for each design.  


The actual size of the opening is 3.25" x 5.25".  Re-size the rectangle using the Width and Height section in the Tool Options.


Select the Oval Hoop with the #26 foot and go to the View Drop down menu and Hide the Backdrop.

Right click>View>Backdrop>Hide


Save the design as "Rectangle work space_DRAW".  This will be your workspace for each of the pocket designs.

If you are like me, you still need to cut out and prep your fabric. This week is going to be a very busy week for me!  So that is all I am going to get done this week.

I hope to be able to get a few blog posts posted this week, but I am not positive.

The first step I need to do is find the  lining for this tote.  I already have a fabric picked out at the store...I will keep you posted!






No comments:

Post a Comment