Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Cutting and organizing your pattern pieces.

I must admit that I had to read these directions several times!  I was having the worst time trying to figure out the pattern pieces to this pattern.  We had a few 'quiet' days at work and I was able to work on this project.  After it is finished, I will add it to my DesignWorks corner at the store for some DW inspiration!

The first step I cut two 6" x 25" pattern pocket pieces. I decided to cut them slightly larger than the pattern to allow for shrinkage.  I then marked a center line horizontally at 3"  and the vertical sections from the pattern.  I used a black Frixion pen but you can use any one of your favorite marking tools.



I cut out ONE Garden wide base 1/2" larger than the actual pattern but first drew the outside lines with the Frixion pen.  I have an design in mind for the top center of the bag.



I then cut the remaining pattern pieces from the canvas fabric and backed all of my pieces with Decor Bond.

I also selected my lining and a contrast for the lining pockets and trim.  I followed the directions to back those pieces with fusible fleece.



Ooops..  I took a picture of the wrong side.  You will see the correct sides tomorrow, I hope!



I topstitched the top edge of all 4 pockets with a 1/2" seam.





Coming tomorrow!!.......stitching the lining.



No comments:

Post a Comment