Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Welcome to Rewind Wednesday!

Welcome to Rewind Wednesday!  Is anyone else feeling the time crunch of the approaching holidays?  I sure do!



For today's lesson I created a quick video in which I feature how to make a cutwork, appliqué and Silhouette Studio file using Snowflake 5.  It is from the Colorful Snowflakes collection featured in yesterday's post.

I am sharing the Snowflake 5 jpg file here.  If you haven't signed up for the daily emails from www.dailyarthub.com, make sure you stop by often to check out their free daily design!


  

                

A few added notes from the video!

*For your fabric selection, choose Cotton 2 - mine is set for linen.

*Choose your hoop size and #44C when you are creating the Cutwork file.

*Choose your hoop size and #26 when you are creating your Appliqué file.



Here is a link for a quick holiday wine bag I found on Embroidery Library.  This is perfect pattern for an assortment of snowflakes!




I hope you are inspired to give this a try!  If you have any questions, post them in the comments and I will do my best to answer them!








4 comments:

  1. Adeline, why the negative offset for the fill in the applique file? I'm trying to wrap my brain around this software, and this is one of the things I do not understand.

    Thanks so much for the lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adeline, why the negative offset for the fill in the applique file? I'm trying to wrap my brain around this software, and this is one of the things I do not understand.

    Thanks so much for the lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually cut my files with a positive offset to make sure that the cutwork piece is just a tad bit bigger. The applique has a negative offset to make sure it covers the cutwork piece completely. I do not want any of the edges of fabric not getting caught in the satin stitching. I hope that makes sense>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing, that is a great snow flake.

    ReplyDelete