Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Gingerbread Man- He's just a cut up!

Yep - today's lesson is "cut him up!"

After you open up the software, select New and select your Gingerbread Man Paint from your most recent designs.  Change the hoop to your largest hoop with foot #44C.



Click on each section (except the eyes and mouth) and convert the outline to Cutwork and delete the fill.  For all of the sections, I checked  Running Before for 1.0 mm and an Offset of .3mm.

I drew a rectangle around each shape so I could place my pieces on the hoop.
Be sure to convert the outline to a Running Stitch or it will paint the rectangle. Drag the top tray to the bottom so the rectangles will stitch out first.


Here are my cut out shapes. ( I did not save the original design and this year, I did not line them up neatly.)



He is a big guy, so if you want him make him smaller, I would resize the Gingerbread Paint design first.

Here is the cut file if you want to give it a try and do not have time this week to 'play'!

I thought I would also add the link here to my SweetAline designs blog to see the original post from last year.







No comments:

Post a Comment