Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Let's Celebrate this festive season!

This past weekend, my niece was visiting and I was inspired to bake Christmas cookies!  Now I must tell you this is H-U-G-E!  I haven't made cookies in years..

Why?
#1 - the big guy and I do not need them! (just ask our doctor!)
#2 - who eats them but us? ( no kids at home OR grandkids!)
#3 - I would rather be sewing than baking!

So to help celebrate this festive occasion, I am sharing this week how I made this 'no bake' gingerbread man.  Here is the finished guy on this very cute apron with fabric from my stash!

The pattern is the Lady Godiva apron from Abbey Lane and it was very easy to make!

                                           
Here is the gingerbread file that I used. 


After 'working through the wizard', select Create new and Cotton 2 for your fabric.

Here is the gingerbread man design. Download the file and save it to a folder on your desktop labeled "Gingerbread Man".

From file, Locate the gingerbread gif file and select your largest hoop.  This guy is pretty big at 6" x 8" approximately!

Select Trace and only 2 colors (black and white).


Change your paint palette to the Eddings markers.


Here is the DRAW file for the Gingerbread man.  If you want to skip the above steps, then just load this design into the program as a "New Graphic" and continue with the directions below.

Now start "coloring" your design!  Select the color chip and add a fill and an outline to each section of the design. You will notice some white colors 'sitting on top' which is why the design won't fill in.  Just drag off the white and delete it. Then continuing coloring your design.   I selected gray for the "rick-rack' color.

Here he is- all colored in!  If you would like the PAINT file, you can find it here.


 This would be a quick and easy project for a gift bag or a kitchen towel.  I found a cute idea with the arm cut off and the saying added! (How I did this, is another entire lesson!)


Come back tomorrow for the "how-to" in turning this guy into a cutwork file!













No comments:

Post a Comment