Thursday, December 10, 2015

TBT Thursday

Welcome to TBT Thursday!  This post is designed to 'bring back' a few of the lessons that I posted before I had my blog fiasco!



Since snowflakes seem to be the 'theme' this week, I found another excellent quick project on www.noodle-head.com  The snowflake is a felt cut out with a raw edge appliqué stitch.



In her tutorial, she attaches a Snowflake template jpg file of the snowflake for you to download.  This design did not trace very neatly so I went back to my colorful snowflakes and selected snowflake 4.

After tracing the design you will have to trim out the center before you delete the white background or it will fill in it as solid.

Create a cutwork and appliqué snowflake following the video from yesterday's lesson here.

Here is the example of the Cutwork snowflake 4.  Remember to select your largest hoop with foot #44C.


I then created a 'raw edge appliqué file' by first duplicating the cutwork design and then I changed it to a different color and selected a running stitch. That stitch out is going to be your placement stitch.  Be sure to change your hoop to #26.

I then added a second running stitch and changed the color and set the offset to the inside of -1.0.


Move the placement stitch tile to the first position (drag the frame to the bottom) so you can place your snowflake cut-out in the correct position.

Now I have never cut out felt with my cutwork tool so I haven't any suggestions. Perhaps someone who has can comment below.   This idea right now is in theory only, anyone want to give it a try?




No comments:

Post a Comment