Thursday, October 29, 2015

Welcome to F-U-N Friday! Part 1

Busy week here and I still can't believe it it the last week of October already! I decided to post F-U-N Friday early and have it in two parts.

Halloween is my FAV-orite holiday and I stitch up as many projects as I possible can!  

While surfing the internet I came across GG Designs- her designs are so cute! (sorry, I am into 'cute stuff' at the moment)




Here is her link to her FREE designs!  I love them all!  But the design I am working with today is the Jack-O- Lantern face appliqué.



        You can download the design here.

This was not an easy file to create a cutwork design.  Even though she included a 5 x 7 outline, the only part that I was able to quickly turn into an a cutwork file was the left eye.

The first step is to load the EXP outline into the DW software.

Convert the designs to a DRAW file.  Select all and select 'convert to curves'.


Be sure to add both a fill and an outline to the design.  Select the cutwork tool and oops....only the left eye fills in! 


 I knew right away that I had holes in the other parts of the design!  So I had to 'clean up' the design.

Select the design> Edit nodes ( second icon on the left) 

As I started to delete the nodes in the nose, you can actually see the hole in the design. How to fix that?  Select the node and right click and there is an option to 'close the outline'
 

I then started to work on the mouth and I did the same thing.  How do I know there is a hole?  Look carefully at the mouth in the Sequence Manager and you will see the scissors.  But the design is not filled in.


Zoom in and you see all of the nodes created with the 'tie-off' in this section.


I began deleting the nodes and I had two nodes left.  I deleted the one and it  filled in the mouth.

 
I was able to finish the design and create my placement box and the basting box. (oops - forgot the running stitch around!)


Even though I did not make this onesie for my little girl, I COULD HAVE! 

 

Part 2 coming tomorrow!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment